Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Start of something new..

New year and thus they said the new beginning || 2016.

People had always reminded me to look forward and forget the past. Forgetting the past takes thousands of effort to do so. Especially when you had met different kinds of people who comes and goes. At some certain point when you look back, you would miss the old days - the happy times, you shared with someone you love or somebody that you used to know. The joy you had experienced like you never had before. So tell me how in the world would it be so easy to forget something you had shared with someone or the promises we made?

Bygone be bygone?

Forgive and forget the past?

It may seemed very simple but it's not. I had gone through sticks and stones, shits that people gave me. Backstabbers and the unfaithful friendship or bonds i had with people but look at where i am now. Still standing strong with the faith i had. 
"I'll show you. Someday.."

I'd like to share a story about a friend of mine.

I knew her when she was a 'he' but don't get me wrong when i'm sharing her story. What's in your head now? Who is this 'she' who was a 'he'? She's a gay? Honestly don't start judging her yet. You don't even know her story. I'm not going to tell you of how she made a life-long decisions of what or who she wants to be. Clearly she just wants to be respected for who she is before and after. First of all, i am not ashamed to have friends like her. I'm not talking about the rights and wrongs of LGBT. My main concern is about respect. 

I understand that people who is part of the LGBT society are being looked down because of the faith and thoughts they have. It all comes down to one's perception. My point is that, my friend maybe a LGBT but these kind of people they still have their pride and reputation. We're all humans right? Why can't they deserve respect? We're talking about 'if you respect me and i will respect you'. We don't live in the olden days anymore because we're trying to survive with people's criticism and defending ourselves as we are living in a era where everybody wants to shoot guns at one another. 

Like what the Miss Universe would always say; "World Peace".

My friend's story is true but i'm not asking for sympathy on behalf of her. Neither would she be asking for help or so. We're not begging. We just want to share. 

Her name is Leiya (to keep her identity unknown). 

Back in 2015 she met a guy who bravely came forward to her at her workplace. He was not local. Came as far away from Sri Lanka. Soon after they started going out and went on frequent meeting. I knew every couple would go on dates so i was very sure they did. Argument; very common but they learnt to resolve it. It would had been an international love but..

This guy whom i had never met before thinks that he has every right to fool and make use of people's feelings. People like him are such a jerk. Well he is! 




I may have had listen to Leiya's side of the story but somehow her turned of events got me related so much to the experiences i had. 

He told her that his parents wanted to match-make him with some other girl but he chose to stick around with Leiya because he felt that Leiya was meant for him. Words after words but they were all lies. How could someone like him had the guts to tell a person like Leiya to not contact any boy friends when he himself took all the opportunity to hide every secret he could behind Leiya.

For someone like Leiya who took all her effort and drained her energy almost about a week to give him the intensive care (of which he got into an accident as if it was some dramatic Tamil show with all the different kinds of impact i could imagine of) but he wasn't being appreciative of it. It was very unfair for Leiya. To summarize this, she was been taken advantage of. So much for international love..

I may have had listen to Leiya's side of the story but somehow her turned of events got me related to the experiences i had. I had been taken advantage of (not physically slash virgin or not) however it was when there was a moment i gave my trust and faith in a guy from a foreign land but i found myself being cheated by him. I got to know that he lied to me. He was engaged and i almost got into a fight if i didn't explain it to his fiancee. Thank god that lady was very understanding. It was at the verge of giving up my life. At that period i was very devastated. I was not only disappointed in him but my life had turned upside down. I lost my close friends. My relationship with my family was very complicated. So how could i not be able to relate myself with Leiya.

Except that she had been physically brutally attacked. That was too absurd!

Shame on him!

He didn't know know what he was doing neither had he learnt to understand Leiya but i guess it was too much. They broke up that one night and Leiya called me up one night asking for help.

Telling someone like her who had gone through the worst breakup to suck it up wouldn't be easy. Involving feelings would take a very very long time. I had gone through that phase and knowing what she had gone through, being her listening ears was what she needed the most. She needs to learn to tackle her own problem because we're talking about self-perseverance. She has to build up walls again and self-meditate. 

Let it be a woman or a man (not being prejudice) but we all ought to have the respect and not be lied at or even taken advantage of. The best thing is to be honest and not blame on just one party for their mistakes. Lust can be taken control of but trust is something you can't gain back in a matter of time. It's either you take or leave it...

I'm saying this to almost everyone out there to take responsibility of you own action and not run away from all the dramas you created. Show respect and honour your words...

We all deserve World Peace..

No comments:

Post a Comment