Saturday, February 20, 2016

Beauty Regime

I shared mostly about my experiences, thoughts and feelings into this blog. I felt that i could express more with words and it would be more appropriate to make up to the things that i truly felt. This post, i'd like to talk more about my beauty regime (I had read up on a girl's blog and felt that she should stop whatever she was doing) and how i faced critics and comments on my acne of which i had it the worst during my teenage years.

Before i could start this, i am not a beauty blogger.

At the age of 13, i had clear skin but as i grew, puberty changed me. I began having pimples. Zits. Then it got worst. I had acne when i reached 15 years old. I had my insecurities. My mom kept reminding me that i needed to take good care of myself. Not physically but also mentally. I couldn't help it but it got more worst. Schoolwork and projects were the main causes of stress. I had friends telling me to pop the zits. They said it would cure faster and assured me that there wouldn't be any scars. I didn't like the whole idea but i tried. I tried once and then i never did again. It hurts!

I hated myself for doing that but it didn't make any difference. One time i had a zit that grew too big on one side of my upper cheekbone. I felt disgusted by the appearance i had. I didn't dare to look at people. I felt more affected and my insecurities kept piling up. At that young age, i was very vulnerable. I had crushes and had attempted to make contact with them but i would tend to give excuses and stayed forever knowing them via social media - back then in our generation, we used messenger (MSN). I was too afraid of what they would say about my face.

Though i was looking at my ugliest point (that was what i had felt), i had friends with pretty cleaned faces. Some were popular and some were just like me. I got along well with them but there were times we had argument and it became pretty bad that we split into cliques. My self-esteem affected my studies because i paid too much attention on trying to get rid of the acne.

I went Youtube looking for some help. I researched through google and tried understanding the kind of acne that i had. There were trials like using home made products such as - paracetamol, baking soda and tumeric. It didn't help again. Excessive washing triggers my pimples too. I hated puberty very much!

Back then i worked as a part-time sales assistant at Watsons. In order for me to promote the brands, i had to gain some product knowledge. I learnt a lot and i even tried on most of the products that were sold in the store. From vitamins to facial products. I tried nearly all. One of my store manager even bought for me an aloe-vera, supposedly to reduce the redness on my face but finally i chose a product that helped me very much.

I had always wanted to get myself Proactive product but i was so scared to use it. In additional it was very expensive. Costed me nearly S$100. I feared that if i bought it and it didn't seem to work well on my face, the product itself would go to waste. So i went online and researched. I gave myself a thorough look out for the reviews and feedback. I even asked my aunt whom had used the product before. She told me that it was good. It helped to clean her face.

After getting much information on what i needed to know, at last i bought it and tried it. First few months i was told to stop using the Proactive product because it was too strong for my skin to take it. I had allergies such as swollen eyes and itchiness. However i was very stubborn. I insisted on using it. It didn't take too long for my skin to get used to the product. I was very satisfied with the outcome.

I felt that the facial wash was very strong so i replaced it with Himalaya product. It was a non-toxic product which i really trusted it very much. I tend to get myself the exfoliating ones of which it consisted of vitamin E - helps to whiten and scrub off dead skin especially those under the eyes. After that i would apply proactive number 2 - toner. When i was working in Wastons, i overheard one of the Bio-Essence auntie (promoter) told her customer that upon applying toner, it helps to tighten the pore and give a lighter feeling to the skin. Toner even reduces oil and whiten (balance) the skin tone. Based on my experiences, it actually worked.

Number 3 - the replenishment cream. Yes! That's right. Proactive had it in their kit. Proactive had a "bonus" item in the kit too. It was made with sulfuric. It was recommendable to apply it within 15 minutes but i tend to put it overnight. Like a facial mask but just on the spots. Then i would pamper my tired skin once in a while. Usually once in a month because i didn't want to over stressed my skin.

As for vitamins i would much recommend people to get themselves vitamin c - good for the immune system and tightens the pore. I learnt this from a pharmacist friend of mine! Consume vitamin c as per prescribe in the instructions.

For make up wise, never apply too much of concealer and even foundation because they are the main cause of blockage to the pores and which it would darken your skin tone. I tend to use Maybelline concealer because it contained mineral particle in it.

I guessed that's all i'd like to share.

Oh! I don't drink plain water almost everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment