Wednesday, October 5, 2016

AGEING

 

Welcome October!

You'd think that i'd start bragging about wrinkles and the saggy skin. You got it all wrong! I didn't mean The Ageing. I meant the fact that it's already October and i found myself too caught up with the work - having had to do overtime due to posting of invoices - and it's all about "ageing" (getting older) life is getting tougher. To add to that, supposedly i am to start school next week but i am already frustrated with the school. They said to me that they would email the schedules. I'm worried because i had yet to compromise with the HR regarding my work timing. Gee!

The end of September.

The end of September; 

- Paternal side -

We had family bonding and some catch-ups. I couldn't remember the last time i really spent some time together with my father's side of the family. It was indeed fun but a little bit complicated when it came down to food and the location of the pit my Aunt booked. I was glad that Taufiq got along pretty quite well with the family - it was his very first time spending the "whole" (he came at 0200 hours) entire night with my paternal's side.


My last week of September ended with a caption that i would always remember; 

"You know; We should be watching the Sun rise together but he was fast asleep."

Indeed was i wide awake at around 0700 hours, watching him whom was fast asleep and hugging the sleeping bag so tightly. As i watched him, i wondered and found myself so amazed at how amazing this guy could be. Of which i realized that he had been the kind of guy who would be willing to sacrifice his sleep, time and energy; just to make someone/people happy.

When all those things he had taken notice and cared for - at the end of the day, he didn't get what he deserved and that i learnt to sympathize him more then the last time. I knew that at times he would break down because things got a little too hard on him. Honestly, our relationship wasn't at the verge - most people would mistake the way i tried to interpret our story. We didn't end up that way (just praying so hard that Allah would guide us always). We knew that when hard times came by; We knew that we would always be there for each other.

That's the whole thing about team spirit. We stick together - no matter what! 

This is part of "AGEING".

Growing older and getting wiser, the expected way we should be.

October came and everything seemed so hectic!

I did overtime to do some of September's closing. 

Piles after piles of work - Long list of orders had to be keyed in - Calls after calls from customers. We ended up finishing our work till 1930 hours, the first week of October.

At least i got to have some late dinner with my lovely Ate at Four Fingers.


The sad thing was that, Taufiq had been in camp for two weeks without having had any nights out. I got to see him just last week for only one day - it was not like it was our first time!

Just that ever since the first week of October came, i was mentally exhausted and would always end up coming back from work and falling asleep without taking any showers till the next morning. It might sound disgusting but it was really tiring. I felt bad that i couldn't entertain Taufiq much via phone calls or text messages - to the extent that i requested him to wait until i had completed my work and i promised him that i would give him a call.


He's the best place/person to brag and rant about - the best listener!

However with the first week of October treating us this way, we got no other choice but to look forward to next week to spend time together with our mothers. 

After all we're bringing them to watch Wicked the Musical. Goodie!

So how far have i been feeling?

It's okay to be so held up at work sometimes because you work hard to earn more and spend hard to get what you want and what you deserve!


I finally got myself a handbag!

And i got to spend the hard-earned money on my well-deserved mother for being the 'bestest' mother i could ever ask for!

I got for her some necessities and i had the amazing feeling when i got to treat my mother.

Hoping that someday i would be able to bring my mother travel around the world with me.

That's when her 'ageing' worries me..

Lets put that aside for now - lets work hard!


No comments:

Post a Comment